Hobs 3D is an acclaimed 3D printing and model making studio catering to the art, architecture, design, construction and engineering industries. We combine the latest in 3D printing technology with traditional model making craftsmanship to produce state-of-the-art models, prototypes and sculptures.
We are currently seeking a Rapid Prototype Technician to join our talented team in London. You will possess a strong command of CAD software(s) to help bring our clients projects from conception to completion. You will use your skills to work independently to prepare 3D designs for printing. You will also work collaboratively with team members and clients to ensure outcomes meet our clients’ exacting standards.
• Leverage your CAD skills to optimise 3D objects for printing with one of our four 3D printing technologies.
• Launch 3D printers and monitor progress to ensure positive outcomes.
• Post-process prints for removal of excess resin, powder or support material.
• Collaborate with model making team to ensure prints are optimised for high-end finishing.
• Assist the Production Manager with upkeep of workshop and other studio tasks.
• Receive incoming email/ telephone enquiries and process accordingly.
• Liaise with clients to advise and update on ongoing projects.
• Work with technical consultants to assess and price new opportunities.
• High level of proficiency in use of CAD software is a must.
• Experience with Rhino modelling software preferred and previous use of Magics for 3D printing would be advantageous.
• Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines.
• Familiarity with operation of rapid prototyping machinery (3D printing, laser cutting CNC).
• Positive outlook and ability to grow into greater responsibility required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in architectural 3D printing or modelling would be a plus.